Shadingfield Sotterley Willingham and Ellough Joint Parish Council
The charge for exclusive right of burial for 50 year period:
Earthen grave space (2743mm x 1219mm) £175.00
Earthen ashes plot (609mm x 609mm) £150.00
(these fees are non-refundable)
All interment charges are doubled for anyone not registered at the time of death as a resident
of the Parish of Sotterley and Willingham.
However, if a resident has been required to move out of the area for medical care or to a nursing home within the last 2 years due to ill-health, a single fee would apply. Further exemptions are at the discretion of the Council.
Proof of previous residency and date of move would be required by the Parish Council with the
Notice of Interment. It is the responsibility of the family or Funeral Director to provide this
information, failure to do so will result in the payment of double fees.
* The Interment fee only to be waived. Charges for the fees for the Exclusive Rights of Burial
(£205.00 for ½ grave) plus the use of chapel (if required) will still apply.
The charge for the right to erect a memorial:
1. A headstone (maximum height 920mm) £100.00
2. A plaque or desk (maximum height 150mm) £75.00
3. A vase (maximum height 300mm) £50.00
4. For each inscription after first £25.00
5. Memorial renovation/replacement/application £25.00
Updating grants of exclusive right of burial £25.00
Appointment with Parish Clerk £25.00
(Cemetery Charges 2018)